Home > The Bonds of Unity (1917-1925) > A Gift from Bishop Koudelka

A Gift from Bishop Koudelka

1017

Two angels holding torches were received from Bishop Koudelka, which were fastened on the walls of the sanctuary until 1928 when they were replaced when the church was painted inside and out, and new electric lights were installed. (By the 1940s the angels were returned to the sanctuary only to disappear when the new church was built in 1958. For many years they were placed on each side of the altar for Christmas.

In 2012, Fr. Don Kania gave the two angels a permanent home on each side of the tabernacle.)

Stations of the Cross

The Stations of the Cross were donated by the Franciscan Sisters of Bayfield and canonically erected on July 25, 1915.

Advertisements