Home > Faith Formation, The Early Years of the School (1925-1930) > Teaching the Faith to the Children

Teaching the Faith to the Children

1016

1920’s


Each student of St. Anthony School received a certificate after  making their First Holy Communion.

Certificate courtesy of Arlene Osterlund who also will be providing a picture of Florence (certificate above) and her brother from their school days.

The school sisters taught the children religion using the Baltimore Catechism. Each student of St. Anthony School received a certificate after making their First Holy Communion.

The Children’s Daily Missal and the complete Daily Missal were introduced in the classrooms. These were purchased from the proceeds of two candy sales held by the children. A Mass Chart with movable figures was presented by the Parent-Teachers-Association.

The children also learned about the lives of the Saints.

In 1929-30, Father Kubelbeck was very fortunate in securing
four first class relics for the parish;

  • a relic of St. Anthony,
  • a relic of St. Margaret,
  • a relic of the Little Flower of Jesus, and
  • a relic of the true Cross.

These relics were added to the parish reliquaries which also contained a relic of St. Stephen, the first martyr and a relic of the crib.

Advertisements