Parish Life in the 1950’s

1014

Msgr Kubelbeck at a First Communion mass in May 1957.

Msgr Kubelbeck at a First Communion mass in May 1957.

1950’s


In 1953, active organization included: Holy Name Society (150 members) and Ladies Altar Society (85 members).

The Choir had 25 members. There was also a Grade School Choir which would sing for funeral masses. The students were excused from early morning classes and were well aware of the solemn service in which they participated.

In 1953, school attendance was 152 in four classes. The school sisters were Sister M. Amanda, M. Coronata, M. Philothea and M. Josella. Sister M Clarentia was the house sister. School days started with daily Mass.

During Forty Hours Devotion, the students took one-half hour turns during the school day to be in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament which was exposed in church. Many candles and beautiful flowers adorned the altar.

Advertisements